Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Halloween Fun











Well, our Halloween was much fun. E and L were princesses or ballerinas, depending on who you asked, but both were ecstatic to dress up in their costumes. T and Daddy were missionary companions, though T slept most of the time (not a very good missionary yet!). I was the ever famous girl from the 80's. Our neighbor told me he thought he went on a date with me in 1986, it was pretty fun and way out of my comfort zone to wear a miniskirt (I had leggings on, so no worries about showing too much.) After having three kids, I think it was a little too young for me, but for one night a year let's just throw caution to the wind!

Last year I was crazy and made pancakes that looked like pumpkins for breakfast on Halloween and at the time the girls thought I was crazy. However, E has seen photos of those pumpkin pancakes and this year requested jack-o-lantern pancakes. So, I suppose there is the beginnings of a new tradition, with chocolate chips for the face, they've got to be healthy, right?

We also, of course, carved pumpkins for the occasion, and it was quite fun to see the girls grimace while cleaning them out! They did have lots of fun making faces and putting candles inside. L actually understood some of the strange practices this year, which added to E's excitement. It's fun to watch how excited E gets now that L can share in her excitement and fun!

No comments: