Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Rees Kids Race

This week at E's school they are having red and green ribbon week. Each day of the week they get to do or wear a different thing, for example, on Monday they received a bracelet they have to wear all week to help them remember to be safe (green ribbon) and stay away from drugs (red ribbon).

On Tuesday, it was hat day, so they were able to wear a hat to school, which is a huge privilege!

Today, Wednesday they had to wear red and/or green and they were able to participate in a 1-mile fun run (with the permission slips signed, of course!). This is right up E's alley. Did I mention that she ran a 1-mile race in July and took 1st place for her age group, finishing in 8 minutes and 22 seconds? We'll get to that another day.

So, the boys and I trekked up to the school and Matthew came a bit later to support and cheer on our little runner. E has been so excited about this race, it seems like she has found her niche with running and she knows it. Even her teacher came and hugged me and told  me she did well. So, of course, being the crazy video-camera toting momma that I am, I made a video.

Enjoy!

No comments: