Monday, September 19, 2011

Soccer and the M.A.D. Marathon

So, E played fall soccer last year, fall basketball, winter basketball and spring soccer. I was lucky enough to be the coach for winter basketball and spring soccer. It was so much fun! Overwhelming, though, for soccer as I know nothing about that sport! She did such a great job and worked really hard to learn and be the very best she could. Below you will see a picture of her soccer team with me as the coach.  The soccer season ended in early May, so we could prepare for the winding up of school!

The finish line is in sight!

E and I at the end of the race - needing water!


All the t-shirts!

In mid-May the whole family traveled to Eastern Idaho for the M.A.D. Marathon which was to raise money and awareness for the Olive Osmond Perpetual Hearing Fund. E and I ran the 5k in 37 or so minutes - she is only 7 years old!!!! She is an amazing girl, with so much motivation and drive, especially when running. That just seems to be her passion, she excels at it and enjoys it. For the event, we made t-shirts for several people in the family, black shirts with the words, "I'm M.A.D. for my _______" with an ASL I love you hand drawn next to it. In the blank, depending on whose shirt it is, it would say daughter, sister, granddaughter, niece, me!

It was so weird waiting for the race to start, I was so proud of E and because of L this event was so close to everything we do in our family everyday, it was difficult not to just let the tears flow. What a blessing it was to be part of this great day!

No comments: